From May 7 to September 2, buses will replace streetcars on the entire length of the 501/301 Queen route; between Long Branch Loop to Neville Park Loop.
A number of planned construction projects along the Queen streetcar route make it difficult to provide continuous uninterrupted streetcar service during the work. A full bus replacement will maintain service along the route, providing the most efficient travel during construction, and will help avoid major diversions that streetcars would otherwise be required to use.
The projects on the 501/301 Queen route from May 7 to September 2 include:
- City/TTC track work on the Lake Shore and track and bridge work on The Queensway – January 2017 to end of year
- City streetscaping/sidewalk improvement work between Bathurst and Spadina – Spring 2017
- Eaton Centre/Hudson’s Bay pedestrian bridge re-construction – May to September 2017
- City watermain work at Queen/Coxwell – prior to Labour Day 2017 (this is followed by TTC track reconstruction in the fall)
- Various short-term TTC track/concrete repairs on Queen Street (i.e. Queen/James, Queen/Simcoe, Queen/Bay, etc.)
TTC service changes (May 7 to September 2, 2017)
501/301 Queen buses will operate between Neville Park Loop and Long Branch Loop.
On September 3, streetcars will return on the Queen route east of Roncesvalles Avenue. Buses will continue operating west of Roncesvalles Avenue due to ongoing construction along The Queensway/Humber Loop/Lake Shore.
In the fall of 2017
Two track reconstruction projects will take place on Queen Street that will require streetcar diversions:
- Queen and Coxwell intersection – September to October 2017
- Queen and McCaul – October to November 2017
Due to other track projects currently underway or already scheduled and coordinated for the summer, the Queen/Coxwell and Queen/McCaul track work cannot be completed during the summer months when the entire 501/301 Queen route is converted to buses.
Notices with additional details will be made available in advance of projects affecting TTC customers and local communities.
• Customer Service, 416-393-3030 (daily 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., closed holidays) or @TTChelps.
• TTY Line, 416-481-2523 (daily 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed holidays).
• Route/Schedules/Fares: 416-393-4636 or ttc.ca.